Monday, June 3, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection

Positive Statement

I'm most proud of the room environment I created. It was designed after a psychiatrist's playroom. To my surprise, the students learned that the toys I had in the room were actually used for autistic children as well as neurotypicals.

Assessment:
  • 2 hour presentation: P+/AE (I felt the room environment was more than expected compared to others' and even though there were technical difficulties with my computer, I remained calm and pressod on. Plus, everyone liked my resource table.)
  • Overall project: P+/AE (I felt that my science fair journey was exceptional and I did almost 60  hours of community service during the summer alone.)
What worked:

I learned more than I expected to and was able to organize my thoughts in a clear way during my presentation.

What didn't:

My sister's computer didn't work properly during the presentation, butI was able to fix that. Other than that, if I could go back in time, I would have done my science fair differently; maybe I needed more time for it, or just to start out with an easier idea for it so that I could have entered the LA County Science Fair.


Finding Value:

It has solidified my interest in the psychiatry career field. For example, knowing that there is always more to learn about any given disorder such as autism is very important for me. I am easy bored, so knowing that I will always have a challenge in this career field entices me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment